WAYS TO ENCOURAGE
“All the Christmas presents in the world are worth nothing without the presence of Christ.”
make a plan
"Every good and perfect gift comes from above..."
Many times the topic of generosity and stewardship is treated like something that can be added in to the Christian life– optional. But as disciple makers we cannot forget that Jesus spoke a lot about money. Therefore equipping our people with the correct theology of stewardship is essential. Let us be intentional to teach about money the way Jesus did, and not allow money to be a hindrance to following Christ wholeheartedly.
We love this workshop from Christian Stewardship Network that covers the theology of stewardship. Preview the workshop for free by creating a free account.
Let the “why” dictate what we choose to share with our givers. Be intentional with your words, so that your message is clear and understood.
- Preach a message
- In prayer during offering
- During church announcements
- Use your service slides
- EMAIL & NEWSLETTERS
- A special email to givers
- Include a snip-it in regular emails/newsletters
- Call to say “thank you”
- Wish them a “Merry Christmas”
- Take prayer requests
- WEBSITE & SOCIAL MEDIA
- Include language about generosity & stewardship on your online giving page
- Use graphics & captions on social media about giving